Clear visibility into change collisions for a large banking company
Customer: A diversified banking company
Size: 10,001+ employees
Task: Implementation and configuration of Release Control in multiple environments
Duration of the project: 10 weeks
Why choose ConfigureTek?
ConfigureTek is focused on helping customers achieve full benefit from the proper implementation of their CMDB, Discovery, Mapping, Service Management and Asset Management solutions. Our methodologies/best practices are developed so that our customers achieve maximum business value in the shortest time frames across these critical IT functions. We have worked with hundreds of companies over the past 5 years and our abilities to work with solutions from multiple software vendors (ServiceNow, HPE, VMware, etc.) makes us unique in our ability to deliver on customer expectations.
ConfigureTek conducted the implementation and configuration of change management for use across multiple environments, including technical and end user staff training, for a large diversified banking company with over 10,000+ employees in 10 weeks.
The project resulted in reduced risk to implementing changes in various environments, advanced clear visibility into change collision outcomes and significant reduction in CAB elapsed meeting time(s).
The customer had a lack of visibility in change management processes in multiple environments; for example if two changes were scheduled at the same time on the same CI in a given environment, there was no visibility into the subsequent collision. The project tasks included:
• Installation and configuration of high-availability change management solution in development and production environments
• Integration with the installed service management system and CMDB in production environments
• Configuration of the risk calculator, time period conflicts and collisions in the change management analysis module
• Reviewed the customer’s current change process
• Tailored OOTB solution to integrate with the customer’s current change process
• Configured the change management solution to align with the customer’s existing internal service desk terminology; this allowed users to comfortably leverage change management immediately
• Scheduled production integration implementation within existing service management maintenance windows and completed the entire implementation with zero downtime
• At each stage of configuration, we shared the results with the customer allowing them to understand the capabilities of the tool and provide feedback
• Configured LDAP authentication, LDAP group to the change management role mapping and LWSSO (Lightweight Single Sign-on)
• Designed the high availability setup and the server size for each of the environments to ensure the successful and high performance result
• Provided mentoring and knowledge transfer
• Clear visibility into change collisions
• Blackout windows within the tool highlight scheduled changes that violate the company release policy
• The change advisory board can now review changes in advance of their meeting and even use the virtual CAB collaboration feature to significantly reduce the time required to meet in person
• Risk management and CAB logic has been implemented in the tool’s adaptable risk calculator that now removes the human factor from low balling the perceived risk of a change. This allows for consistent scoring across all changes
Contact the ConfigureTek experts to better understand how we can leverage our experience and knowledge to help you improve your change management process in multiple environments.