Industry: Cruise Line
Task: ConfigureTek Pre-Flight + Security, CMDB, Service Mapping
Duration of the project: 4 months
- ConfigureTek was retained by a major cruise line running a global operation at a size and scale equal to 20+ large cities afloat and offering exceptional leisure travel services present many unique operational challenges. Strategic investments in technology were an absolute necessity to keep pace with the demanding needs of customers, global climate change, fuel costs, security, and a global pandemic. Operational efficiency, passenger and infrastructure security, and reducing the cost of customer acquisition were important business metrics that IT was tasked with addressing to maintain market competitive advantage. ServiceNow was selected to help positively change how IT supported these business goals.
- Enhanced Systems Security for key infrastructure
- Improve Business Services Availability
- Faster and More Efficient Response to system outages and service restoration
This global leisure travel operator hired ConfigureTek to address these critical needs. After an earlier false start with another partner, ConfigureTek successfully implemented both IT Service Management and selected IT Operations Management capabilities in rapid time that insured:
- Proper mapping of key business services for improved security visibility.
- Vastly improved operational readiness, response times and remediation.
- business service availability dashboards to show real-time service availability and trending analysis over time.
Foundations were laid for maturing APM processes around application rationalization as well as implementing and gaining value from a future SAM Pro implementation.
The business outcomes from their investment in ServiceNow along with strong partnership with ConfigureTek in implementing the ServiceNow aPaaS, has been a key differentiator in their highly competitive global business. These partnerships have allowed them to maintain their premier status as one of the world’s most valuable cruise lines based on revenue and passenger volumes in an historic period of global pandemic and cruise industry change.