ConfigureTek, with years of experience deploying configuration management solutions, has put together an overview of key advantages with the exciting launch of HP Universal Discovery 10.
With the release of Universal Discovery 10, HP has more tightly integrated its product family. The new version has many enhancements including an unified browser, tighter integration with HP Asset Manager, management zone-based discovery, and a new Universal Discovery Agent which brings together Real User Monitoring (RUM), DDMA and DDMI. To simplify administration, HP Universal Discovery now uses a single UI (user interface) and data repository to support both agent and agentless discovery of assets and to provide detailed configuration information. The newly designed interface provides simpler usability and visualization capabilities. Version 10 of HP Universal Discovery enables large enterprises and service providers to manage IT proactively, as part of the CMS system. The functionality of HP Universal Discovery 10 answers the questions of how to have increased visibility across business silos, to ensure the Business Continuity of your critical services, and to get insight into possible waste or organizational overspending.
The ConfigureTek team summarized some key features of Universal Discovery 10 for you:
- The offer of flexibility and choice to attain end-to-end IT visibility through Agent, Agentless and Passive discovery.
- Real-time updates of CI attributes by leveraging the monitoring capabilities of RUM.
- Improved tracking of the cloud and virtual environments: the virtual topology as captured by DDMI is readily available for enterprise-wide relationship mapping.
- More simplified discovery management by providing you with a single interface which has brought together many different information panels into one main page, and repository which allows you to use your computing resources more effectively for more control, streamline data installation, updated and predictive change impact.
- Ease-of-deployment and management of credentials through the unification of DDMI, DDMA and RUM.
- Configuration information is now more accessible to both technical and non-technical personnel with the new UCMDB Browser: intuitive search for hosts, applications, databases, web-servers, business services, virtualization infrastructure, public cloud resources and people by entering your search query in a natural language. See how the UCMDB Browser can simplify your work.
- Insight into the health of one or more discovery activities with the Discovery Troubleshooter.
- A significant improvement in the recognition of both hardware and installed software with Native Agent Packaging and New Shell Protocol Capabilities.
- Intuitive discovery normalization and enrichment capabilities to improve data quality and integrity.
- Leveraging of secured channels of communication between the probe and the UCMDB server and elimination of the need for separately communication channels configuration over firewalls for any integration.
- The main enhancements to UCMDB 10, such as new search engine, multi tenancy, user permissions, improved topology visualization, history management refactoring.
Contact us, if you want to discuss the state of your current Configuration Management System or the roadmap for an upgrade.